Thursday, April 2, 2020

Finished Editing!

Hello everybody!!! Around 6 projects, 7 exports, 2 weeks and countless hours later, I've finally finished editing the opening! Well almost... I still need to add the titles and credits and I still have to work on the CCR. But regardless, I'm proud of what I've achieved. I've never spent so much effort into a film like this and to be honest it has had a wild impact on my career ambitions. I shared a draft of the video with those who helped me on this project and I got surprisingly good feedback. Ricardo called the opening "brilliant" which really lifted me a lot since I know of his film work which if you'll excuse my language for a moment is damn good, especially considering his limited resources. He was a good inspiration and a great guy to have on set and really encouraged me to aim towards creating my own fantastic work. Even during these difficult pandemic times I've found peace in pursuing this media project.
I also want to share that Filmora is a terrible editor if you're looking to create the same quality of film that I'll present to you on this blog in about a week after I complete the CCR. The editing options are quite limited and to be honest childish in some ways. Now for basic editing, I'd definitely recommend the program. But you can forget about adding more than 3 audio tracks or recording more than once voiceover. You'll also find it funny that the software doesn't have a simple "add text" option to your videos. And I know the statement I'm about to say is going to be very polarizing but here it is . . . Filmora is like an iPhone. Presets. Automation. Simplicity (in a bad way). If you want to do more advanced editing I recommend software like Lightworks, Hitfilm express, Shotcut, Davnici Resolve, etc. The only reason I used Filmora for this project was because I've been using it for a while to challenge how far I could take its simple interface and poor customizability so I'm already comfortable with working around all its annoying quirks. But now that I have the time I encourage you to join me in learning a new program even if the learning curve is steep because Filmora is hell.

yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro

Welcome all, you can call me Mehul, and I'll be sharing with you documentations of my findings on the internet! Please know that none ...