Saturday, April 4, 2020

DAW

Coronavirus still going strong huh? Not to worry though, music is a great way of assuaging the tension within your veins in difficult times like these. And after I finished up editing the opening, I decided it's time to start thinking about my CCR (Creative Critical Reflection). Since now I've got all this time, I've been messing around with the music side of the film world a little bit. So let's go on a little story adventure.

Story.

Back when I was in 6th grade, I went to Imagine Charter at Weston. It was a sweet little charter school that was build around what used to be an old parking lot. This school was slightly underfunded and there were many wonderful issues about that which I could discuss, but . . . I'm going to talk about something more specific. What really did intrigue me about the school was their music elective. Now this wasn't just your typical Violin III class you select on your course card. It was electronic music learning. And it was one of the best choices I've made in my life. We learned how to use a DAW (digital audio workstation) to create various types of music. And here, the school was definitely NOT lacking in resources. Each one of us had access to a MIDI controller and a school laptop in which we learned how to compile tracks together and compose our own music. We learned everything from dubstep to . . . and that's the limit of the extents of my memory.

Cakewalk is a completely free DAW offered by Bandlab and highly rated by many users. I'm still learning how to use it but hopefully I'll be able to utilize it to make some awesome scores to play throughout my CCR since I have so much time on my hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro

Welcome all, you can call me Mehul, and I'll be sharing with you documentations of my findings on the internet! Please know that none ...