Sunday, March 22, 2020

The script part 2

So I realized that I didn't actually attach the script in my last post . . . oops. SO here's our script!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Syu3ovyKnVWxZD1TL52LG70MTPsuyhfO

With that out of the way, time for a little reflection! First off, yes we did run into problems. Saurav Dalvi, our drone operator had an eye appointment earlier in the day that we filmed. And they dilated his eyes so that was definitely an issue. But he impressed me when he still said he's coming to the shoot because it's hard to find someone with that much dedication these days, especially when they're not getting paid for it. We ended up having Gian do one of the drone shots manually from outside the car while Saurav drove the vehicle . . . wait . . . Nevermind! Saurav's eyes were NOT dilated! April fools! He was in perfect condition to drive the vehicle :) Moving on!




(Above: some behind the scenes footage)

Other problems and tips and tricks

Halfway through the shoot, we realized we had to pace things up. Since I chose to film during "golden hour" or shortly before sunset, we were quite short on time. I had to skip the shot with Ricardo in the car temporarily because I knew that would be easy to fix in post or to reshoot in case we ran out of light. Initially, I was planning on shooting the conversation scene twice: one for each set of characters. And then I would finish off with a final sweep of close-ups, long shots, and inserts of both characters. Unfortunately, because of the time constraints, we didn't have the ability to go through the scene three times. So instead, I set up Deven's camera to point towards him and Saurav while my camera was set towards Ricardo and Gian. This way we were able to obtain footage of both angles during one take. And we ended up losing the bag Gian throws so we couldn't take a close-up shot of that. But besides all of the problems above, the shoot went pretty smoothly, and Deven got to lie down in the trunk while the car was moving so we could get that awesome tracking shot of Ben skateboarding. I still have a lot of work left on the opening but until next time, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro

Welcome all, you can call me Mehul, and I'll be sharing with you documentations of my findings on the internet! Please know that none ...