Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Footage

Good afternoon guys, hope you all are staying safe and sound from this intensifying pandemic known as the CORONAVIRUS! Today was quite interesting. For those of you who need a little background, we finished shooting last week and now I've entered the editing process which has been a bit frustrating to be honest. The main issue was the footage itself because we used three cameras: Deven's Canon 60D (I think?), My Canon Rebel T3i, and the camera on Saurav's DJI Mavic Pro 2. What does this mean? Three storage devices (e.g. SD cards). After the shoot I set up a google drive account dedicated to the film so that I could better organize all the clips. I had folders set up for each person and I gave the account details in the groupchat so that everyone could access the drive account to upload their videos. Unfortunately, Saurav's footage was in 4k quality and since everyone's now working from home and using up the internet bandwith, he was unable to upload the videos. Same issue with Deven.

Now what do we do when the internet fails to meet our needs? We go old school. Last evening, my brother asked me whether I wanted to go biking. And luckily, I already knew of this footage issue prior to him asking. As the sun neared the horizon, we set off towards Deven's house, on a dangerous journey to obtain the videos. In the sack fastened across my shoulder, was a small USB stick inside the zippered pouch. We zoomed through sidewalk, grass, water, blood, and tears until we finally reached our destination and . . . Voila! We reached Deven's crib! In about 20 minutes he was done copying the data from his SD card onto my USB and we biked back home and called it a day.

Today was quite similar except I used a vehicle to reach Saurav's house. He gave me the microSD in an envelope (coronavirus precautions) and we recorded his voiceover inside the car with the mic so that his voice would be more clear. And that's all for today folks! Time to work on editing!!

Saurav's drone footage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro

Welcome all, you can call me Mehul, and I'll be sharing with you documentations of my findings on the internet! Please know that none ...