Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Confusion

So it's been a really rough week. Or actually more like a rough two weeks. I don't really want to get into details but I have to give back the tripod and mic. And I don't know how or when or whether I should return them right now or after the film. I think you guys can figure the rest from that. Oh! I almost forgot! Good evening to all my beautiful and handsome readers! How could I forget to greet you all, how bloody foolish of me, good jolly tea.

Progress

Not much. I'll be perfectly honest I've been in emotional turmoil the last two weeks but you know what I made the most of it! There may not be much tangible progress, but I have a much better idea of how my project is going to pan out. And through some reflection, I came across a few realizations. One is that I'll most definitely have to change the location. The leading lines that I described when going location scouting definitely would have added a nice touch to the film but I've found a different location right next to me. And considering the limited time on hand, a smaller distance from home means more time and money saved. And it would be much easier to gather the actors. Another realization I made is that I want to incorporate a lot more closeups in my opening and allow for narration by the golden voice in our class, Juan Garrido. So that means I have to redo my storyboard and my script. As of right now, the little spark essential for my motivation is a bit numb, especially amidst the depressing news coverage of the coronavirus, but I have confidence that helping Andres and Alfredo on their films will bring back that inspiration for me.

Image result for nd filter
An ND filter
I did do some research on ND filters the past week. In the video below you'll see that the video of the car is slightly overexposed, or rather was overexposed until I increased my f-stop, sacrificing a shallow depth-of-field for a correctly exposed shot. However, if I wanted to maintain that same DOF, I could purchase an ND filter that clips on to the lens of the camera and acts as sunglasses for it. It reduces the glare of the sunlight and makes outdoor shooting much more easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro

Welcome all, you can call me Mehul, and I'll be sharing with you documentations of my findings on the internet! Please know that none ...